Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dead To You

I spend more time crying
Than I spend awake
I cry in my sleep
Each night and day
I wish this pain would go away
But all I can do is just say

I wish you were here
And I'll always hold you dear
But you left me high and dry
And I always wondered why
I never had closure,
Never gave it a thought
Til I fell down and was broken
And I had nowhere to go
And now I just need you to tell me
I need to know

Why did you leave me all those years ago?
Why do you hate me after all this time?
What did I do to you to make you pissed?
To make you hate me. To be dismissed.

I wish I was someone else
A fucking Guido sitting in a club
I could grab your attention
Maybe even get a rub

But you don't even know what I look like anymore
But I remember how you smelled, all those years before
Before you were clubbing, and drinking all night
Back when we'd talk on the phone and never fight

I wish you could tell me just how you feel
But you're evasive about all that is real
I need you right now, and you blow me off
I hope I fucking die, but that might piss you off

No comments: