Monday, November 08, 2010

Carry Me

Sometimes I lose hope
In the people that I need most

Sometimes I need a friend
And I yell into a hole

Where does everybody go
To make me feel so alone?

And where will I end up?
In a hole with an empty cup?

I cry out to you
Please hear me through

I need a friend
Because I've got a lot to do

The weather brings me down
And no one hears a sound

I'm cold and alone
And there's no one on the phone

I could call you
I could see if you are there

But how do I know
If you want to talk to me?

I just need a shoulder
Someone to make me bolder

So I can say what I feel
Without fear of ridicule or sneers

Help me make it through this
Help me to stay strong

I have no religion, no God
And I don't feel I am wrong

But I know one of these days
I'll be more alone than I am now

Raindrops hitting rooftops
And no one hears a sound

So I will keep silently screaming
And I will keep loudly dreaming

Of someone
To carry
Me through this
Hell.

No comments: