Monday, November 08, 2010

Homesick

'Cause I'm homesick
For the home I've never had
-"Homesick" Soul Asylum


I'm homesick
But I can't go home
For home doesn't exist
For one like me

I would rather be on the road
Nomadic and never home
And I want to feel alone
Instead of being a drone

I can't escape this feeling
Of being around and needing
To keep up the facade
And never spare the rod

Where could my home be?
I'm sick with fascination
An unquenchable fantasy
To escape castration

Because although we believe
That the dream is in our grasp
There is no sympathy
For ones killed by this asp

It slithers and it tries
To kill our lives
And if you stay in this place
Then all that is, is disgrace

I'm homesick but I could never
Go home to that hell
Where everything is in order
And chaos is never the norm

Home is where the heart is
But this heart is moving on
Will I ever be consoled?
Or will I feel empty when I am old?

So live for today
There may not be a 'morrow
If you can sit and stay
All you will know is this sorrow

No comments: