Thursday, May 24, 2012

Punk Rock's Not Dead

"But the suburban scumbags, they don't care
Just get fat and dye their hair!"
- Fear "I Love Livin' in the City"

I got nothing
No thoughts in my head
I want something
To tell me punks not dead
The Exploited
Let me know, but do I believe
A few old fuckers
Who abandoned the scene?
What good is to live
To this music that we all love?
What good does it do
To hate and only have a few
Friends to call on
In shitty times
I got nothing
No reasons no rhymes
I got a gun in my hand
But I'm too afraid to pull the trigger
I got one more thing to say
Before you run along with her
I need to get this off my chest
I need to reaffirm that punks not dead
That I'm not dead
I need a reaffirmation of faith
To keep me sane
To keep me going forward.
Punks not dead
How can it be dead when I live it?
How can DIY be DOA if the FBI is the CIA?
That doesn't make sense
But it doesn't have to
This is punk rock for the masses
Don't listen to me,
I just got tattoos.

No comments: